[10-22-2018] Duel Monsters VR is intended to be a cross-platform fan game of the popular trading card game, Yu-Gi-Oh! The v0.0.1 lobby is up and running.
Join the Discord channel for more information: ►https://discord.gg/Pz69QHD
This v0.0.1 build only contains a multiplayer lobby in a Kaiba Corporation map where you can goof off and meet other players.
Double-click the .exe file, start the game, and you will join the world.
- Everyone spawns as Jaden/Judai.
- VR Players and PC Players compatibility
- Drop in drop out multiplayer
- Voice chat
- Climb trees
- Climb Blue-Eyes White Dragon
- VR Players can jump. PC players only have standard movement.
- Activate the Duel Disk.
- Spawn your signature card, Elemental Hero Neos.
- Talk to NPCs like Kaiba.
- Throw your cards at people.
The lobby is intended to stress test the server.
Oculus Rift Controls
- Move with the analog stick.
- Left controller, X button – Activates the pointer (can be used to open doors from far away)
- Left controller, Y button – Activate and deactivate your Duel Disk
- Left controller, Trigger button – Talk to NPCs when in vicinity
- Right controller, A button – Activates the pointer (can be used to open doors from far away)
- Right controller, B button – Spawns your signature card (Neos) in front of your right hand
- Right controller, Trigger button – Talk to NPCs when in vicinity
- Grip buttons (Hold) – Climb trees, Blue-Eyes, and ladders. Pick up cards.
- Grip buttons – Jump – Hold from high position, pull down, and let go when at peak momentum to jump.
- Grip buttons (Throw a card) – Hold and let go while holding a card to throw it. You have to be facing your sensors.
HTC Vive Controls
Kctcreeper mentioned that setting your HTC Vive to 77 inches for the height will place the Jaden/Judai model’s height correctly.
The HTC Vive controls still need a lot of work, but most if not all the functionality should be there.
Since the game is developed VR first from the ground up, the PC controls are lacking. There’s not much you can do as a PC player.
- W A S D – Movement
- M – Mute the Music
- Right Click – Interact with NPCs.
- There is a helper box on the top left of the screen for more instructions.
- The Oculus Rift controls should also be mapped for PC players, but they are not good. You can’t easily interact with the cards.
- VR Players will need a VR Ready PC or Laptop. Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, or WindowsMR.
- All of our testing was done with the Oculus Rift.
- PC Players without VR can use any PC. The game has low requirements. Your regular PC should be able to run the game smoothly.