SlothParadise is thrilled to announce that the registration for the Alpha Release of Duel Monsters Duelist’s Reality (DMDR) is officially open!
The Alpha registration you all have been waiting for is finally here! We have devoted so much of our time and efforts to get something playable out for you guys to try out. And we couldn’t be more excited to finally get near the Alpha Release!
Please remember: this is only the registration for the Alpha. We will close registration May 7th, 2018, randomly select a percentage of registrants for each platform, and then announce the chosen Alpha Testers on our YouTube Channel (Subscribe for Updates!).
We are choosing to select a percentage of each platform to keep test results cleaner for each platform, and, honestly, to keep the numbers of chosen registrants fair.
How Do I Register To Be An Alpha Tester?
- Click here or on the picture above of our Kaiba Corp Main Lobby.
- Fill out the required fields and hit Submit!
We will contact the chosen registrants via Email a week after registration closes.
What Can We Improve & What Can You Expect?
DMDR is still in its early stages of development, meaning that there is still much left to be added, fixed, cleaned up.
This Alpha Release is exciting to us because we can finally share with some of you guys what we’ve been working on, and also use the Alpha Tester feedback/data results to help us improve on what DMDR is lacking.
Here are a few things we are currently working on to improve the general game-play of DMDR.
- Automation is a key factor in the game-play experience. We still have many cards to go through (ones with more difficult rulings and effects) to get the duel moving more smoothly.
- We are currently testing the strength of our servers to be able to hold a generous amount of players at once, doing many and multiple actions at once without problems in performance. Though most of this data and testing will be done during the Alpha, we are still testing to have this close to 100% as possible for the Alpha.
- Trading cards with other players. We do want the idea of a trading system between Duelists, but we are working diligently to keep this functionality true and fair, with no loopholes and bugs.
- Matchmaking and asking to challenge others. We want to create a fair system, which lets people challenge each other without one feeling harassed. Matchmaking won’t be as big of a concept without a ranking system of some sort, but you can definitely expect that in the future release of DMDR!
A Special Thanks
Thank you so much for your guys’ support and appreciation for what we do! Honestly, we wouldn’t have been able to make it this far without the support and drive you guys give us.
We are always on and will always be happy to talk, answer any questions, and duel!
Just prepare yourself for the Shadow Realm if you do want to duel.